Thursday, May 06, 2004

Don't trust those jacks

When the husband goes out of town to Tennessee for a business trip, the internet connection fails, of course. Speaking with the first DSL guy, the first comment, I think jokingly, was that I broke it. Whatever. Okay. He said he'll have another technician call.

It drove me crazy but this technophobe figured it out since they didn't call back for a long time. I guess this is what desperation does to someone who needs to get their daily net connection. After plugging and unplugging all the connections to the router and modem, the problem turned out to be the very innocent looking jack. It looked fine but that jack was broken. By the time the second guy called, I had solved the frigging problem, although it was 9PM and the DSL had been out all day. He was impressed, however.