Sunday, May 02, 2004

Science Fair time

Being a new kindergarten parent, volunteering at the school has been mostly at the worker bee level. No problem with that; we've got an amazing and illustrious group of parents helping the school out. And for my part, I agreed to be part of the Science Fair committee.

I'm trying not to be the prototypical pushy parent but I did want the kindergartener to put up a project for the Science Fair. To my surprise, the kindergartener agreed.

I had a project in mind, something to do with hummingbird feeding activity, but an emphatic noooo was the answer. It'll be something else, which is fine with me. So I'll be helping to run the Science Fair while the kindergartener will have an exhibit up with the dad. Cool. I bought the exhibit materials but I'm staying way out of this one.