Sunday, April 17, 2005

Keep your eyes on Assemblyperson Judy Chu

"The governor has declared war on the state of California," Assemblywoman Judy Chu said. "He declared war on us and I declare war on him."
AP

When I was an undergrad, she taught one of the most fascinating classes I ever had: on Asian American Women. She has an unusual background for a politician: she's got a Ph.D. in clinical psychology. Her dissertation was on the life of Anna May Wong, from a feminist perspective.

Politics called; she ran for city council in the town of Monterey Park. Now she's Assemblyperson. She's smart, she's dedicated, and she's decent. I'd vote for her in a heartbeat when she chooses to continue after term limits: US Rep, US Senator, Governor.

Note: I have no association with her, her staff, or her reelection crew in any way.