Sunday, January 01, 2006

Memed!

I caught the Seven Things meme from Cmdr Sue.

Seven Books (or Series) That I Love
Wah! How do I choose? Here are a few of my faves.

Because of Winn-Dixie, Kate di Camillo
To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee
The BFG, Roald Dahl
West With the Night, Beryl Markham
A River Runs Through It, Norman Maclean
The Master Butchers Singing Club, Louise Erdrich
A Dog Year, Jon Katz

Seven of My Favorite Movies (or Series)
Oh, dear. Now you can tell I spend quite a bit of time in the children's movie/literature world.

Babe
Singing in the Rain
(I'm sneaking this one in) Moyers interviews Joseph Campbell, The Power of Myth
American in Paris
Tremors
Groundhog Day
Wings of Desire

Seven Things I Cannot Do (or jus' don' wanna!)
I'm not sure I understand this one.

Seven Things To Do Before I Die
My list is actually longer.

Write and publish a book
Retire comfortably
Build our own home
Get much better at classical guitar (You see, I'm a beginner, self-taught)
Learn how to tap dance
Become a Master Gardener
Visit the Canadian Rockies

Seven Things That Attract Me To... Blogging!

Intellectual stimulation or "Hey, I'm a full-time mom, blogging somehow makes me feel hopeful my brain cells are not atrophying"
Ooooo, I get to rant
Chance to do occasional research and analysis
Fills my 'I need I need I need to know' political news junkie addiction
Other bloggers! Guess what? I spend more time reading what you write than I do writing
Being part of the progressive blogging community

Seven Things I Say Most Often

Uh hunh (response to the kid when I'm on the computer)
Yup (second most common response to the kid when I'm on the computer)
Tell me about it
Oh dear
You don't say
No sh*t

Seven Impractical Things I Think Would Be Really Cool Anyway

Living in a fair world (sigh)
Some of those Wonka candies in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (chocolate river, anyone?)
Do you remember how Mary Poppins picked up the room by a mere snap of her fingers? That'll be very nice...
No gridlock in Los Angeles
Ecologically self-sustaining communities
Excellent public education for all the kids

Tagging....
Anjali at los anjalis
Joe Thomas at Shut Up and Teach
Ms. Cornelius at A Shrewdness of Apes
Wild William at The Endless Faculty Meeting
coco at Lluvia de Estrellas
Jonathan at mesoj
Joel at Pax Nortona
Randy at The Bayne of Blog