Tuesday, October 07, 2003

Callling Earth to California...

The polling place in Santa Monica today was swamped. My sense is that this election is bringing out more voters than ever, which is, unfortunately, interesting. I'm glad to see people interested in politics. But if the current governor is recalled and the movie star goes in, this only confirms my belief that more money needs to go into public education. As it stands, the way NCLB (No Child Left Behind) works, we won't have a public education system by 2014. It'll become even more easier to manipulate people through misinformation and lack of cognitive reasoning skills.

Overhead in the last few days (honest, I did not make these up): "I don't like Davis because he is colorless and I like more colorful people in office". "I don't care what those women say about him: Arnold is my man, he is powerful and sexy and he can grope me all he wants". No kidding.