Thursday, April 29, 2004

Making exceptions for our exceptional leader

I'm continually amazed at the amount of forgiveness and allowance offered to our fearless leader, of course this coming from the majority of Americans that continue to endorse him and from the extended family. Once again, it seems exceptions are being made for our president: he gets to appear before the 9/11 commission with his surrogate dad. Not only that, the whole thing won't be officially recorded and it will be behind closed doors. How does he get away with this?

My sense is that this is just another act in a neverending farce. Most of my momfriends and extended family don't follow the news. Certainly this 9/11 thing won't make a dint in their opinion of our fearless leader or John Kerry. And while the talking heads and the blogs go off into the ether with analyses up the ying-yang, I wonder if any of that will make any difference whatsoever.

I say this because when I spend time with the extended family, I am floored by the amount of goodwill elicited by our fearless leader and by the antipathy engendered towards Kerry. Absolutely mindboggling. This is the power of the media. The brainwashing seems to be working well these days.