Sunday, May 01, 2005

Back

Working on something a bit longer for later tonight. I can't figure out why I'm having a difficult time getting back into blogging.

Sorry for the longer than expected hiatus. I actually took my computer with me but there was literally no time for things like that.

I am still the reluctant activist but for anyone who blogs and haven't protested or attended a rally, please consider giving it a go.

Don't get me wrong, I think blogging plays a very important role in making a difference.

But being out there live, putting your feet to the ground and making noise, makes local television news and puts local articles in the paper especially if you have well-organized media savvy people planning and coordinating your rally.

And this is a way to get our message past some of the corporate barriers we have to communication: at least, we're reaching people who don't read the newspapers and who watch a lot of television.

There's a lot to be said for that and I think there's a great deal more that needs to be done. I think there's no way to measure what effect local rallies have but I feel good in the end that I participated. I know I would have regret not having done everything possible.