Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Deep gratitude

I'm very sorry I dropped out of sight but I have been busy and could not blog.

Today, post-election day, I couldn't help but cry. Whether they were tears of relief, tears of joy, tears of whatever, I'm not really going to try to figure out. I'm thrilled, happy, and most of all, relieved as must be all of you who support progressive politics. Just don't talk to me about California's governor. Don't know why but Californians still need some help.

I turn to UK's The Guardian for their great commentary from across the sea, ending with this.
...it has been the American voters who have at last made this possible. For that alone the entire world owes them its deep gratitude today.
They must think we've been nuts these last years but at least they have enough presence to say "Thank you, America".