Friday, April 07, 2006

Geezer blogging

My geezer life. I miss salt, and I miss coffee. I miss coffee most of all. I miss the smell of it brewing. I miss the quiet way it seeps into my brain and somehow whacks it awake. I miss staying up late at night. I've been a night owl my whole life, and aided with (my 10 cups daily of) coffee, I used to get a lot of things done, especially at night.

Blogging has suffered because I can't seem to write while it's light outside. Odd to have a hangup revealed: this feeling of sinfulness and sloathfulness about being on the computer blogging when I could be running around getting something else done.

Now that I'm sans coffee and taking two blood pressure meds, I simply cannot stay awake any more at night. Yes, it's nice my blood pressure has dropped, finally, from 230/130 to a reasonable 120/70. But this sleeping thing is newly weird. I'm in bed snoring by 9:30 PM. I realize my night life has fled with my youth.