Saturday, August 13, 2005

Truth is everything

Truth is everything.
Of truth I have no fear.
In truth I see no shame
A quote by another saint of the people, Teresita Urrea.

I now have my grubby hands on The Hummingbird's Daughter by Luis Alberto Urrea, who writes a fictionalized version of his folk heroine relative, Teresita Urrea.

Following a trail of glowing book reviews, I decided I must have this book. Unusual because I gravitate towards nonfiction, political stuff, ed wonk, and theory. And being the speed reader that I am, I'm forcing myself to read as slow as possible, usually a painful process but not when the writing is sublime. This dude can really write.

Now we're off on vacation, this time heading west in search of shave ice. Hmmm. Ya think I'd find chocolate shave ice?

Being a most difficult mom, I'm lugging the computer with me despite not knowing what sort of internet access is available.

Back in a week.