Thursday, February 17, 2005

How do you get the word out to parents?

This isn't about you all out there because if you're reading blogs, you're part of a small group of information elites.

I'm thinking about my circle of acquaintances. I see there is literally no time for news, newspapers, radio, even television. And as for checking out the internets, well, that doesn't work for most.

So let me ask you for your opinion: how do you get the word out about what's going on in education policy, especially when the local rag is biased and television is newsless?

We're talking about informing and educating well-meaning, honest, intelligent people who are just too damn busy.

This lack of scrutiny definitely has given the edge to legislation that hurts public education. When the general public doesn't have easy access to information, well, it seems this is a setup for harm and mischief.

I've put this question up on a list-serve. I'll summarize their responses later. So what are your thoughts?