Sunday, June 15, 2003

How Homeopathy May Work?

I’ve never understood how or why homeopathy works, even though I regularly use some remedies with success (especially Kali bichromicum for sinus problems). I was excited to read in the respected New Scientist about this article: how water seems to retain memory of a substance long after the substance is diluted way beyond any reasonable levels. If the results are true and replicated, it’s possible that we might be looking at some paradigmatic changes in how the material world works. A second article, although very old, reports on an interesting phenomena. It seems the researchers found that the more a substance is diluted, the larger the aggregation of this substance. Now, they examined the aggregation of buckyballs; I don't know how universal their results are. I don't know what's happened since these results were reported.